Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dance is the hidden language of the soul.

What a fabulous weekend of dancing it was for me. 5 performances in 2 days and I enjoyed every second of it. I was in 4 of 37 dances, the one I didn't take a picture of was of my clown costume. By far my fav dance was, of course, our Utah Jazz dance. That was my classes dance, the other 3 dances we did with other classes. 7 girls that I have so much fun with, the youngest being 18 and me being the oldest at 30, and yet the age difference doesnt matter when your dancing. When the last performance was over and I was driving away from the theatre, I had a feeling of sadness come over me. It had been such a great high I was riding for a few days there, and it was hard to come down off of it to normal life and know that it was over for another year. But, its nice to know that there will be a next year. I may be getting older, I may wake up the morning after and be sore from head to toe, but its all worth it. THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH to all my friends and family who came to watch and support me in my dancing! It means so much to me to know that I have people who love me and that I can count on for anything. I am truly blessed.


Red robin with bri and val after my friday night shows. A hamburger had never tasted so good!
My Class!! Me, Shelley, Akane, Jessica, Tianne, Miriam and Brianna.

After my saturday shows me and my girls went to cold stone for ice cream, and then to chillis for some chips and salsa. Now thats a perfect ending to a perfect night.
Me, completely tired and happy. It might be a few days before those tired eyes are recovered!
And a special big thanks to my hubby, who has supported me through 4 years of dance now, who looks after the kids ( and the house) all weekend while I am gone dancing, and who comes and watches me every year. Now thats love. :)

4 comments:

Cori Simmons said...

You're crazy......it looks so fun.......you're crazy........could I, should I........nope, you're crazy. ;)

Brinda said...

Meg, I am so impressed by your desire to dance. I wish I could've come this year! You looked beautiful and sounds like it went really well. Hopefully I can make it next year:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Meg! I linked over from vals blog and Brianna in your dance group is my niece! How funny is that?
HOlly Chynoweth

Heather J said...

I am impressed with you also. PLUS..... You look like you are in great shape, and very tone.