Saturday, May 8, 2010

Being a mom

Yesterday I got to go to kindergarten and have a mothers day party with aliah. She made me this adorable moms sign, we played outside, snuggled and read books, had an ice cream sandwich and made flowers out of her hand prints. It was the best!
I found a quote today that completely describes what being a mother is like:
"Deciding to have children is like deciding to let your heart beat outside of your body."
maybe this doesn't make sense to anyone else but it makes perfect sense to me.
Being a mom is pretty much guaranteeing that you are going to have laughter and tears, happy days and broken hearts, great hugs and slammed doors, i love yous and I hate yous.
Being a mom is learning that no matter how much you love your kids, one day they are going to leave you, and its ok.
Being a mom is figuring out how to make it not hurt when your kids won't stop growing up!!
Being a mom is learning to take advantage of every precious moment, and learning that every moment is one.
Being a mom is realizing that once you become one, you are NEVER going to stop worrying about that child, never! Not even when they are adults.
Being a mom is understanding that you never knew what love was, not really, until the first time you held your child in your arms.
Being a mom is realizing that having a clean house, and clean laundry and an organized life and homecooked meals all the time are only something you see on TV.

There just isn't room in my heart for all the words I want to use on how much I love being a mom and how much I love my three kids. But Im not worried about it, because moms...I know you know.
Happy Mothers Day!!!

No comments: