This last weekend was our annual reunion with my side of the family! We have done this once a year for the past 16 years. My parents wanted us all to stay close, since neither of them are too close with either of their families, and it has been a great blessing to all of us, and also a lot of fun!!! We have a big family! 14 adults and 14 grandkids, and in st. george we found out that there is one more on the way! ( so happy for april and luke!) Trying to find things that will accommodate all of us is a challenge. We each take a turn every year to plan the reunion and so we have done so many different and fun things over the years. We have been camping a few times, from the uintas to the beach in california. Been to Lake Tahoe twice. San Diego and Disneyland, St.george a few times, a cruise to the bahamas, a disney cruise, cherry hill, Lake Powell....so many good trips!! This year was my turn and to accomodate everyones schedules we had this one week in april that we could do it, so I decided St. George would be a good meeting place ( since two of my sisters live in san diego.) My parents found a perfect house for us in st. george. 10 bedrooms, 2 tvs, a huge kitchen, a girls loft and a boys loft, a gameroom, an indoor and an ourdoor pool, 2 firepits, a bbq area and a sand volley ball court. It was perfect. We did nothing but relax and hang out. It rained for two days and then we had two days of perfect weather. We ate and talked and laughed and the kids swam and we enjoyed the sun and played volleyball. I needed this vacation, and it was great. I love to have all of my family together and for all 6 sisters to be together. Our family definitely isn't perfect, but we are all glad to have eachother. The cousins look forward all year to being together. It was a FABULOUS trip!!! But it always has to come to an end, and my two sisters trish and april head back to california and it is always so hard to say goodbye. But they will be here in the summer and I am counting the days!!!
What more could the kids ask for than TWO swimming pools??
3 comments:
Looks like you had a great time! I am so glad you got a vacation and time with your family. And in St George of all places! I LOVE St George, I will never forget how much fun we had there with the kids!! Tage was such a itty guy then:)
So much fun.... when I read things like this it makes me wish my family did them and then reality hits and it's okay that we don't. Glad you had a good time.
Looks like so much fun. I love the headband, and your pics are so cute.
Post a Comment