I feel, more than ever, the great responsibility that comes along with being a parent. In General Conference this weekend I felt that SO many talks were directed at the parents, letting us know all the many things we need to be doing in raising our children. I felt like this was a sign, that as parents in general we are not doing what we are suppose to be doing in raising an awesome generation of kids. And this generation of kids is suppose to be GREAT!! I have often thought that parents these days are becoming lazy in the raising of kids. There is less responsibility being placed upon them, more parents turning their heads at the things that kids are doing and not wanting to see what is going on. More times we try to protect our kids from consequences instead of letting them face them and learn. I fear for our kids all the time. What a great and terrifying time to be born into. What a difficult time to be a teenager. There are so many temptations coming at them from so many different directions. If us as parents arent teaching them at home, then where are they learning the things they need to know? More than any other conference, I felt truly inspired by the words that were spoken by the leaders of our church. That we need to lead by example as parents. I know where I am lacking as a parent, it is SO HARD sometimes!!! But I know that I can do better. I know that I am raising a truly incredible generation of kids and I need to do my part to help them stay on the strait and narrow path as best as I can. I am awed and amazed that I was chosen to be a parent in these days, and hope that I am up to the task. These three little people mean everything to me, and I will do all that I can to help them grow into the potential that they have to be!!
2 comments:
I didn't have a chance to hear all the talks given by such wonderful men and women of the church, but Elder Ballards talk was exactly what we needed in this house because Taylor had questions and this answered those questions for her and I. Thanks for your thoughts.
I agree with conference. It was a wonderful time to sit and listen to our leaders and gain a little more insight. It's always good to be reminded of what is really most important in life. Love you Meg.
Post a Comment