Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm blue...

Do you ever wake up in the morning and just know that you are going to have a blue day?? Well, that was me this morning, I wanted to pull the sheets back over my head and sleep this day away. Even the sun shining so brightly this morning couldn't take away the blues, and I love waking up to the sun. Do we know why the blues will just suddenly decide to pay us a visit?? Is it because I am sick of this winter weather? Is it because the financial state of things is worrying me? Is it because I know my sister is moving away soon? Or because I just feel lonely today and need a friend? Maybe its all of the above, I don't know. But I am feeling blue. What do I do when I am feeling blue? Comfort food and a good book. What do you do when the blues pay you a visit???

8 comments:

Jen Tornow said...

How strange. I totally had one of those days yesterday! Unfortunately, I had too many things to do, so I couldn't curl up on the couch with a good book, which is what I like to do. If I didn't have kids, I'd totally go to the spa (I guess I'd have to have money to do that, though!). Sorry you are having a crappy day. Make some brownies. Chocolate always elevates my mood! Or come and visit me! Nothing like a chat with a friend to brighten your day (okay, so I'm being a little selfish there, since I'd be the one benefitting)!

gillman said...

It's probably cuz you're a crazy woman, and that's just how women are!! My advice, think like a man.
From you're loving husband.

Amy said...

Yeah, don't listen to Kaleb. I've noticed my mood has improved significantly since I've been doing a little exercise. Dance to the radio. Lift some weights. Run around the block. Or call someone and talk for an hour while eating ice cream.

Val said...

Oh Kaleb, you're a dead man. Let me know how that turns out.

My advice: stay in bed with a good book. Eventually you will gross yourself out and get up and do something productive. But that usually doesn't hit me til about 5pm. And then I'm screwed cuz I haven't planned dinner or cleaned house. Oh well. Some days are like that. Even in Australia...

Anonymous said...

Oh, that has been my week. I feel your pain. I'll come over and eat with you. You know how well me and food go together!

Wendy Wells said...

You better feel better today! You're going to lunch with me! There will be no "blues" present! We have lots to gossip about!!!!

Heather J said...

I think everyone is in the same boat. The weather stinks, it is a boring time of year, the economy sucks, blah, blah, blah.
If you ever need someone to cry or eat with, give me a call.

heidi said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day Meg. When I'm having a bad day the only thing that cheers me is getting something big accomplished or going out and doing something. But then.. sometimes I just want to do nothing. :) Hopefully you're feeling better today. :)