Friday, July 19, 2013

7 weeks of summer

Life has been so wonderful and fun this summer!!! We really have made the most of it. I have packed and unpacked one person or another or all of us almost every week so far. We have played and played and it has just been flying by. But, as you can tell, it has left little time for blogging!!! So, here I am, trying to recap the last 7 weeks of summer.  
Tage got to go to Lake Powell with a friend for 4 days, he came home, slept in his bed, and then packed up in the morning to scout camp for a week. We got to go have dinner with him on friday and see all the fun stuff he had been doing. It was a great week for him. :)
 So, the next tuesday I was leaving for girls camp, so on monday we had a whole day of fun with just our fam. We went to liberty land ( now trafalga lehi) and played laser tag and went and ate at Buffalo Wild Wings. We had such a fun day together.

So, tuesday our young woman headed off to Aspen Lakes for our Stake Girls Camp. It was the most wonderful 4 days. I can truly say that some miracles happened because of girls camp. I love, love, love all of these young woman. We had a great time and our testimonies were definitely strengthened and so were our friendships.  Every day we had lake time, rock climbing wall, ropes, and big twister. Lake Time was the definite favorite time. Lots of canoes were tipped over. :) I am so grateful for this calling, it is one of my favorite things ever.



























We got home from girls camp on friday, and that night me and kaleb met camille and randy up in midway for dinner, they were celbrating their anniversiary. The Blue Boar Inn is my most favorite place in the world.
A few days later we celebrated kaleb turning 34!! It wasn't a very exciting birthday. But he did get sushi. Can't believe that we are getting old.


 Aliah had a dance camp at our house with her friends, it was super fun and they were all so cute.

 Celine has been dating this cute boy ( not exclusive though!) 
 I had one nice week home and then we headed off to Lake Powell with Kalebs family. They rented a surfing boat and we had a lot of fun with that. We played in the water, ate, played cards, sat around, ect....I love a lazy lake powell trip.

 Another favorite summer tradition, first day of school shopping and lunch with each of my kids. 



 Our last adventure ended just yesterday. We had 5 days to be home after lake powell, then me, kaleb and celine headed off to Youth Conference. Our theme was Reason to Rejoice and it was all about the Book of Mormon. We had an incredible time! We started off by going to 3 different nursing homes and putting on a talent show, it was a really neat experience. Then we had lunch, and drove about 21/2 hours to the cabins we were staying at. That night we had a dance, it was so much fun. The kids were all having a great time. Wednesday we did a hike, then came back and had 3 book of mormon rotations. I was apart of the one about the iron rod, it was the neatest experience. The other two rotations were about burying your weapons of war(the kids all wrote something they wanted to "bury" and then we  buried them in the ground) and then there was a rotation about the atonement. I was only at the iron rod one, so I didn't get to hear the other two, but the kids said they were both really neat. We had a really awesome testimony meeting that night, and the next morning we packed up and came home. I honestly think we have the most amazing youth! It was so much fun.






Well, thats been 7 weeks in a nut shell, we still have a little less then 5 to go til school, I can't believe how fast it has gone by. Tage just left for another scout overnighter, my sister Trish and her family come on monday, and then next thursday is my family reunion at bear lake. So the craziness hasn't stopped yet. But it has been a great summer!! 

No comments: