Saturday, September 10, 2011
Where were you on 9-11?
I think this is a day, that no matter how long we live, we will always remember where we were and what we were doing when we found out that the Twin Towers had been hit. It was just another beautiful Sept. day for me. I had had a quiet morning and had no idea what was going on in NYC. At noon I got celine, who was 4 at the time, into the car and we headed for preschool. All the moms were standing around talking and thats when I found out. We were under attack. Airplanes had hit the twin towers. People were dying. Buildings were collapsing. I ran home from dropping her off and turned the TV on. The first thing I saw was a person falling from the Twin Tower. I sank to my knees and stared unbelieving at the TV. I watched the first tower collapse, and then the second one. I heard the reports of other airplanes crashing. I couldn't even move. I couldn't believe this was happening in America, to my own people. I watched the TV all day, and over the next few days, as numbers of people who had died, of heroic stories came out of people helping others and reaching out, people who died trying to save others, I was horrified, but also so proud to be an American. And here we are 10 years later, and once again I am horrified, but also so proud to be an American. Horrified that politicians in New York City are keeping out the very people who risked their lives on 9-11 from the tribute they are hosting in honor of 9-11. Policeman, Fireman, people who more than anyone deserve to be honored. But I am proud that we still remember, and that we will never forget, what happened on that day. I am proud to be an American. And I will never forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment