Sunday, September 18, 2011

Life in general...

I feel like I never do a post just about the goings on in our lives! Not just mine, but the kids and kaleb too. So, here is a little recap of what we have been up to!
Me: This is the first school year that my kids have all been at school that I haven't had a job. I worried all summer that I would be bored, but, nope...not yet!! Every day is busy with cleaning, laundry, friends, family, reading, scrapbooking, shopping, walking.....I keep wondering if I should get another job, but I don't feel like I should right now, so I am just waiting. I still play bunko once a month, I just got moved up to be a Mia Maids advisor, so I am excited to be back with celine. I shuttle my kids around more than anything. I drink more diet dr. pepper than should be allowed. I watch a lot of movies. I sit in my hot tub. I read more books than I have time for. I keep feeling that sometime in the future I am going to have to make a big change in my life, but I don't feel like that time is here yet.
Kaleb: poor kaleb works more than anything. His job is going pretty good, we seem to have hung on by our fingernails through this whole economy. I am just grateful every day he has a job to go to. He planted a garden again this year. He plays video games. He teases the kids. He watches movies with me. He talks to tage about soccer. We love watching his games. He talks to celine about boys. He did the finish work with my b-i-l on a house my dad is building. He goes to the BYU games. He goes motorcycle riding with his dad and brothers. We look forward to the jazz playing again.
Celine: she's a 9th grader this year. She tried out for the school play, Beauty and the Beast, and made it! She has practice every day. She texts a lot. She always does her homework. She reads almost as much as I do. She is getting more and more social, but definitely still loves her alone time. She is still fun to have as a teenager.
Tage: he's in 5th grade this year! He wasn't sure he was going to like his teacher, but has since decided that he does. He is the class clown. He is our family clown. He is back in soccer and enjoying games and practices. He is a webelos in scouts. He still loves to play with his friends more than anything. Video games is a close 2nd. I am trying to get him to love to read, we are working on it.
Aliah: a 2nd grader this year, but she is in a 1rst/2nd split class and so far it is going really well! She loves her teacher. She is starting dance again tomorrow. She has decided she wants to play soccer too, but we will wait til next year to see if that holds true. She spends a lot of time singing. And being dramatic. And making me want to pull out my hair. :) She is turning 8 in exactly 22 days. She has lately really been into fancy nancy. She likes to read, but doesn't love it...yet. She is going to be a social butterfly. She thinks she is going to marry Justin Bieber.

This is us. This is my life.

1 comment:

Jake and Jenessa said...

Meg, I love it. So fun to hear the little details that I didn't know. PS your background is ADORABLE