Sunday, August 29, 2010

thrity-one years young

I turn 31 today. Guess this goes along with my whole new phase of life thing. But it isn't so bad. I am surrounded by so many wonderful people. Friends and family who I am so grateful to have in my life. Last sunday I had dinner with my family and we celebrated my bday with them. I love my parents and my sisters and their families. I know how lucky I am to have a family and I love to spend time with them. My wonderful beehives threw me a surprise birthday party for young womans and we had a fashion show. They are amazing girls and I love them to pieces!! Friday all of my best girlfriends came to have lunch with me at red robin. I have the most amazing group of friends. It was so fun to get together with all of them and I feel blessed that they all arranged their schedules so that they could come to my bday lunch.

These pictures are from friday night. Kaleb planned a whole night out for us. He even got him mom to watch the kids for us overnight (thanks a million kris!) First he took me to Ruths Chris steakhouse, one of the BEST places on earth to get a steak, which happens to be my love. :) Look at the presentation!!

I had a filet and kaleb had a ribeye and we were both in heaven. They serve your steaks to you on plates that are about 500 degrees so your steak stays nice and hot through your whole meal.
Look at my dessert plate! I love stuff like this at restaurants!! They even gave me a free dessert(cheesecake!) to take home for my birthday. This restaurant is above 5 stars.

Next kaleb had gotten tickets to the Off Broadway Theatre to go see a play called the HMS Pinafore. They do improv and spoofs and it was such a funny play! Before hand they asked if it was anyones bday so of course kaleb pointed out me! They made me go up in front of the whole audience and they sang happy birthday to me, it was quite embarrassing!!
After the play kaleb had made reservations at The Melting Pot for dessert......oh I was in heaven! Anyone who knows me is not surprised at all that my birthday revolved around food, and if you don't know me that good, than now you know this!! I LOVE FOOD! lol! The melting pot is all fondue style and they had tons of different chocolates to choose from. We went with the Yin and Yang, dark and white chocolate. They serve it with strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, cheesecake, poundcake, rice krispy treats and brownies. It was such a fun night to hang out with my honey, and he also gets above 5 stars for going way above and beyond to make my birthday special.

Saturday night we went to Carrabbas with jamie and luke and laura and shane. Steak two nights in a row??? lucky me.
And now its my birthday. My kids have spoiled me and I have had a day of relaxation. I truly love my birthdays if only for the reason that I get to spend time with everyone I care about. Getting older is not on my list of things I really want to do, but, I love my life and everyone and everything that comes with it. Thank you to everyone, especially my wonderful hubby, for making me feel so loved on my birthday. I am truly blessed!! And besides, I still feel 17!!!!






1 comment:

The Johnson's said...

Wow, you were spoiled, which I am glad because you deserved it. Maybe for my birthday next year I will get to be as lucky as you.... wait no I will probably still have to make dinner.