I feel so thoroughly selfish writing this post, but not enough to not tell about how amazing my birthday was, all because I have an amazing husband. So, I am sorry that this post is all about ME, well, and about how incredible Kaleb is, but......#sorrynotsorry :)
Kaleb loves to try and trick me. He kept telling me he was so sorry but he hadn't had any time to get me anything for my birthday and I told him, I really don't care! Its fine! I always look forward to just going out with him on my bday.
I was fast asleep on the morning of my birthday when I feel him giving me a big hug and saying happy birthday. what a nice way to wake up! Then he said, "I did get you something." Then he pulls out a take out box and tells me he got my maglebys french toast, cuz the kids told him that was my favorite. I was so touched!! Then he pulled out an envelope and said read this.
It said he wanted to give me a perfect day, that I didn't have anything to worry about, everything would be taken care of. He told me I had an appt at 9am at Amara Day Spa and then at 11 my little sister april was going to meet me there for a pedicure. I was almost speechless! He gave me a hug and a kiss and told me to keep in touch with him and then he left to work. I couldnt have felt more loved. Aliah shared my breakfast in bed with me, and she was on her very best behavior all morning!
While I was eating breakfast Kaleb sent me a text saying he had put together a playlist to download to my phone of songs that reminded him of me. Again, my husband outdoes himself with thinking of the sweetest things that make me feel so special. I loved all day listening to all kinds of different songs, county, rock, pop, and listening to the lyrics and feeling just amazed. This was one of my favorite parts of my bday, knowing he had taken the time to put together these songs as a way of telling me how he feels. After breakfast, not even bothering to get ready knowing I was heading to the spa, I said goodbye to aliah and headed off.
My appt at 9 was a 90 minute facial. Lets talk about 90 minutes of heaven. This was my favorite thing I have ever done. She pampered my skin, gave me microdermabrasion, did extractions on my zits(which hurt super bad but was totally worth it!) I got a scalp massage, arm and hand massage, leg and foot massage and of course a facial. I have never been more relaxed or felt more pampered in my life.
It. was. heaven.
Ok, we all can agree that this picture of me is hideous, but I remember feeling like half asleep and just feeling so good from my head to my toes. My skin was so greasy but so soft and looked amazing afterwards. So after this my little sis April came and got a pedicure with me! Kaleb knew that part of my perfect day would be spending time with my best friend and little sister. So we both enjoyed getting our feet pampered, she is 8 months pregnant so this was great for both of us. I can't even tell you how the lady was gushing at Amara when I was paying at how wonderful my husband was for doing this. All I could do was smile and say, " i know!!". I am a lucky girl.
So after our pedicure april pulled out another envelope and says this is from kaleb. In it he said that he knew food was a big part of a perfect day for me( he knows me so well!) and he knew that zupas was a favorite, so in the envelope was a gift card to zupas for me and april to go to lunch.
I love zupas. I mean a lot. I could eat there 3 times a week.
Me and april enjoyed a very yummy lunch, and then april pulls out ANOTHER envelope!
This one from kaleb told me it was time to go shopping and to pick out an outfit for tonight. My husband was telling me to go shopping!! He really does love me. ;) There was also one other envelope, but I will get to that one in a minute.
My mom was watching aprils kids, so she decided she wanted to come shopping with me. I had a great time trying on things and picking some things out. I even got shoes. After a few hours of shopping april had to get home to her kids and Kaleb had told me I couldn't go home til 4, so I had about an hour to kill. I decided I needed a drink.
The other envelope said that part of having a perfect day was to find a way to help someone else and to look for that opportunity throughout the day. that was a hard one for me, and I didn't get to do any big thing like I wanted, but when I got a drink at sonic, I gave the lady a $5 and told her to use the rest to pay for the next persons drinks in line, and then I taped a $10 to the drive through and put a note that said, "its my birthday, drinks are on me."
I know it wasn't much, but I hope it made someones day.
This is something that I know about Kaleb, he is really good about thinking about other people, he is not a selfish person like I tend to be sometimes. He is kind and big hearted and I love that about him, and I love him even more for knowing that part of a perfect day would be serving others.
He is the best man I know.
With a little more time to kill I took a drink to my good friend Laraleigh, who is always doing nice things for me and thinking of me. We got to chat for 20 minutes or so which is always fun.
Then it was time for me to head home. Kaleb had told me not to worry about anything and that included the kids. I hadn't talked to any of them since they all left for school, but kaleb said not to worry about them. I got home and this is what I found. The WHOLE house was clean. Spotless. This was the kids gift to me. It was awesome!!!! The dishes were done, floors mopped an vacuumed, bathrooms cleaned, beds made, rooms cleaned. It was perfect. I love my kids so much for doing that for me, nothing could have meant more!!!
Here are just a few other tokens of love I got from other people during the day.
I finally had time to shower and get ready to go out for the night. And while I was blow drying my hair Kaleb came home from work with a dirty diet dr. pepper from SLURP! He said I knew a perfect day for you would have to include this. He drove all the way to AF to get it for me. I honestly can't put into words how much it meant to me that Kaleb thought out and planned out and did all of this for me. I honestly know I don't deserve it, but Kaleb thinks I do and that makes me feel more special and loved than anything else ever could. I told him the next day, I had never had a more relaxing, stress free, happy day than my birthday. It truly was a perfect day.
These are my new shoes! We left about 7 to go out to dinner. Kaleb took me to a place up in Salt Lake called Spencers, it was a super nice and sooooo yummy. We both got steaks, which were amazing, and Kalebs was even more amazing then mine. The staff was so awesome, and when we left they gave me a box of chocolate truffles, a card, and a $25 gift card to come back. Oh yeah, we'll be back.
After dinner Kaleb said we could do whatever I wanted, and I told him I'd love to walk around temple square for a minute. I never get to be there when its not winter and freezing cold outside! So we walked around for a little bit and took some pictures. We thought about going to a movie, but I told him what I really wanted was to go home and just snuggle in bed and hang out. :) So thats what we did.
But before we headed home we had to make one last stop at Slurp for another Dirty DDP and kaleb got a mango mt dew which he said was amazing and some sugar cookies. Yes, I love food.
His last gift to me, a cozy chic!!! I can't even believe he found this and got it for me. This is one of Oprahs favorite things, she LOVES them! It is like a hoodie blanket with a pocket, don't ever mistake it for a snuggie because it is WAY awesomer than that, lol. :) Seriously, Kaleb knows me so well, inside and out.
Our last picture of the night, which Kaleb totally resisted taking. He had already had one nice picture taken, he couldn't do another.
But I just had to document my 34th birthday, and to say, that it really was perfect. In every way. I wish I could express to kaleb how much it meant to me, but no matter how many times I tell him thank you, it just can't convey how I really feel. So blessed, overwhelmed with gratitude and love. Just feeling like the luckiest girl around to be married to this man who puts so much time and effort into making my birthday special. If I love my birthdays, it is because of Kaleb. Because he does something every year that is so thoughtful and makes me know how much he loves me. I feel like even now on this blog I am not putting the right words down to express what my birthday was like. I didn't even think once all day about turning 34 or getting older, it was too perfect of a day.
Kaleb, I love you more than words can say. You are the dirty in my diet dr pepper.
1 comment:
I loved every bit of this post. I'm so glad that you had such an amazing birthday. You deserve it my friend. Loves.
Post a Comment