Thursday, May 17, 2012

Frustrations. Fears. Facts.

Frustrations:
I have always been a girl who would say " I can't do that." Until I started cross fit. Then I became the girl, who repeated over and over and over, " I can do hard things. I can do hard things." In the last 5 months I have done things I thought I couldn't do. I ran a mile last week for the first time since I was a kid. I actually ran it. Monday, wednesday and friday I show up, see the workout, think "I can do this." Tonight, I looked at tomorrows workout and I thought: I can't do this. I told kaleb: I can't do this. I felt so frustrated with myself. Am I going to be that girl again? No. Tomorrow, I will go and do that workout, even if I throw up trying.
Fears:
Every day: am I living my life the way I am suppose to? Am I wasting my time, talents and gifts? Am I doing enough as a wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, neighbor, leader?Am I totally screwing up my kids? Am I living up to my spiritual potential? Am I just a waste of a human being? Am I contributing anything worthwhile to this life? And the fear comes when I worry what the answers are.
Facts:
I am doing the best I can. I am trying. My heart is in the right place, I have good intentions. Do I fall flat on my face every now and then? Oh yeah I do. But, I get back up. Do I have a lot of love in my heart for the people in my life. More than I ever knew. I am doing ok. I am not giving up. He knows whats in my heart.

1 comment:

Lara Leigh Raulston said...

I just love you! I think you are the best!! :)