
Lately I feel like I have become the cheapest person in the world. :) I have always been pretty frugal, liking to find good deals and never buying things full price, but for the last 8 months I feel like I have gone to the extreme!! Now, don't get me wrong, its a good thing!!! I compare grocery ads, I clip coupons, everywhere I go I head strait for the sale rack, the dollar store has become my best friend.....but sometimes I think, wouldn't it be nice just to walk into a store and not be looking at the price tag on every box of cereal and every gallon of milk. To fill my cart full of groceries and not worry about a "budget". I feel like I spend more time budgeting money and worrying about it then I do anything else....I have definitely gone over the the dark side, lol! But really, its been a blessing to me, and very humbling, to learn how to really take care of my money. I am not the best at it( kaleb will agree with me there), but I really do try. And now that it is summer, and of course the next school year is creeping around the corner, I am always looking for fun things to do with my kids and also great deals to get them some new school clothes. Here are some great deals I have found!
Gap had all their girls jeans on sale for 9.99, then they gave me a mystery coupon worth another 20% off. I got each of my girls 2 pairs of jeans( worth $30 each) for 8 bucks apiece.... proud moment for mom!
Walmart always has a sale rack, and a lot of times it is a $1 sale rack, I cant tell you how many (cute) shirts I have gotten for celine for a buck.
Crazy 8 is currently having all their kids jeans on sale for 6.99( regularly priced $14), so I was able to get tage two pairs of school jeans also for 14 bucks.
Old Navy has 30% off their already clearance items, I got aliah 5 shirts for school, for less then 3 dollars apiece.
Target always has their sale racks, you just have to hit it at the right time. I was able to get tage 5 shirts for school for also less then 3 bucks apiece.
Always look in your mail for any value coupons or coupon magazines you get, last week they had one in the valupack for a free one day pass to 7 peaks! I find great buy one get one free for meals and the grocery ads(especially look for WinCos now) always has great coupons.
Well, that is my sad life. :)I am passing on my little bit of wisdom, which isn't much, on how to find a good deal. If anyone knows of anyother good deals, please pass them on, I swear my lifes purpose now is to get the most out of every dollar!!
4 comments:
Nothing wrong with being a little frugal!
I hope you are going to use that 7 peaks coupon with me tomorrow! :)
I'll send you an email to screamin' coupons. Great stuff from there as well!!
Meg, I lived most of my life buying cheap and looking for the best deals. It does get tiring sometimes, but it is a good practice. One day you will walk into a store and buy whatever and it won't make you any happier than you are now.
You inspire me Meg! I think you could teach me a thing or two about saving money :)
I love tagging along on your good deal finds!! Keep it up :)
Post a Comment