Saturday, January 12, 2013

January...

Oh January.....what is there to say? I am tired of the cold. I am tired of being cold. I am tired of the blah. Already 12 days into the new year! I always wonder what the new year will hold. Some things I DO know: I am going to have a daughter who is dating and driving, in one month. Valentines day is the countdown. I am going to have ANOTHER teenager in the house ( if you consider 12 a teen, which I do.) Tage will be turning 12 in march, getting the priesthood, getting ready to go to Jr. High. Ok, I think I am going to pass out. :) Even my baby, she will be turning 10 this year. No more single digit kids??? I want to travel back in time.  
How am I doing?? Honestly, who knows?? The last 2 years jan, feb and march have been incredibly hard for me, but this year, I feel....fine. I am not sad, but neither am I happy. I just feel fine. Which is a good thing, and I will definitely take. The things I enjoy most? Simple things, like watching the jazz game with kaleb. taking the kids out to dinner. Meeting my sister and her kids at zupas, eating at carls jr with my bff. I have discovered that I like to be by myself. I like to sit by the fire and read, or watch a TV show, go shopping at the mall, clean. I don't mind my own company, because I know exactly what to expect from myself. The older I get, the more I am done trying to fit in and be something I am not. I am who I am. If you don't like me, well, what are ya gonna do?? I like to be around people who I know love me for me. That is a blessing in life.
HIGHLIGHT OF ALIAHS LIFE: on January 5th, we went to the Justin Bieber concert! It was much look forward to and anticipated, even by me! We left early to go eat at the Cheescake Factory, but everyone else had the same idea. So me and aliah ended up in the food court, at chick fil a. :) We did a little shopping and then headed for the concert. Carly Rae Jepsen performed first, she was ok. Then we waited an HOUR for Justin Bieber. Aliah was very impatient. I thought that was a little ridiculous. But FINALLY it started, and it was SO. MUCH. FUN. We danced and sang and seriously the joy in my heart was so full watching aliah. She was so happy. And that makes me happy. It really was a great concert.





I have totally been the biggest slacker in crossfit for the last few weeks. Monday marked my ONE YEAR MARK at cross fit. I am so proud of myself, for the hard work I have put into it. I am still not to the place where I could say I love my body(and I doubt I ever will), but I am way more accepting of it. I can do hard things, I can push my body past what I thought was possible. But, my goal, starting on tuesday, is back to 3 times a week. I am ready to push myself hard again and increase my abilities even more.
I have had some health issues I have been dealing with lately. I have had some high blood pressure in the past and it came back at the beginning of december. So, back to the Dr. I went, got on some medication and now that is under control, thank goodness. But in the process of working on that, some other health issues came up. So, after a few tests and things, I am going to get a cat scan on monday. Hopefully there will be nothing. I had my minute of being scared that something could really be wrong with me, but, I am ok now. If anything comes up, I can deal with it. I know that my Heavenly Father and My Savior are walking with me every step of the way through my life.
Wow, what an update. Anyone still here??? :) 

No comments: